INTERNATIONAL LABOUR ORGANIZATION JOB VACANCIES 2021
Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Reference No: SVN/ID10/2021/001 – REISSUED
- Position Title: Temporary Administrative & Finance Assistant II
- Duty Station: Surabaya
- Organization Unit: RMU
- Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G-5
- Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term contract up to 30 June 2021 with possibility of extension (the whole period of initial contract shall be considered as probation period)
- Report to: National Head of Field Office
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: 28 February 2021
Under the administrative direct supervision of the National Head of Field Office in Surabaya dan in close coordination with the Senior Resources Management Assistant in Tangerang Sub Office, and under the overall supervision of the Programme Coordinator/HoSo of Central Region in Tangerang, the field-based incumbent will be responsible for providing administrative and finance support to IOM Surabaya.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Review and verify the accuracy and originality of financial/accounting documentation including PRF, RFP and payments, invoices, official receipts before processing the requests for bank/cash payment in Surabaya Field Office: ensure that proper WBS and coding is used according to IOM’s rules and regulations and post them in PRISM in a timely manner;
- Perform financial monthly closures and support the yearly fiscal year closure in close coordination with Tangerang Sub Office;
- Prepare monthly funding request based on yearly approved budget and in coordination with NHoFO, prepare the yearly office cost budget based on the latest baseline data submit to Finance Unit Jakarta Office for approval and subsequent funds transfer;
- Works closely and proactively communicate with Head of Office, each with units in Field Office Surabaya and relevant units Sub Office in Tangerang, by responding to relevant financial inquiries and providing guidance on financial policies and procedures;
- Bringing to the attention of Head of Field Office any relevant financial issues and the purposes corrective actions;
- Under the supervision of HoFO coordinate with Operation Unit to prepare updated data of migrants as prerequisite to prepare Migrants Monthly Allowance payment and obtain full approval based on the financial matrix;
- Keep and Maintain proper filling/archiving both electronic and hard copies of all financial transaction and supporting documents;
- Actively attend staff meeting and use the opportunity to inform colleagues relevant issues such as new WBS, supporting documents for payments, settlement of advances, taking minutes of meeting, sharing of plan of work to tune in harmony with other team members working calendar;
- Participate in or provide inputs to the evaluation of vendor performance prior to the extension of agreement or awarding;
- Conduct vendor visit as part of control and evaluation and give inputs to procurement process (RFQ/BAS/CO/PO) and during the process of agreement drafting or extension;
- Monitoring/track the use of budgets by other units based on approved yearly budget and consult with HoFO and relevant staff on any constraints to budget absorption;
- Provide general support to the team of Field Office Surabaya in absence of other colleagues in the unit;
- Provide guidance and training to new/junior staff in the units;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned and always act with integrity and professionalism in accordance with IOM’s Code of Conduct at all times.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree, preferable in Accounting, Business Administration, Economy Management, from an accredited academic institution with minimum 3 (three) years of relevant work experience. Possessing a professional certification as Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is advantage; or
- Completed High School degree with at least 5 (five) years in relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge and experience in administration, finance, procurement, HR. Working knowledge of IOM resources management rules is an advantage.
- Knowledge of publicity recognized accounting system (SAP, ATLAS, Oracle, etc.), software and procedure are a distinct advantage.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports and to analyse and interpret source information and data.
- High level of computer literacy is required. Good knowledge of Ms. Office, specifically excel.
- Good communication skills, personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drives for results, respect for diversity and creative thinking.
- Ability to lead, coach, and work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional background.
- Knowledge of the region is an advantage.
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required, both written and spoken.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competency – behavioural indicators level 1
Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate and security clearances.
IOM applies local United Nations Salary Scale.
How to apply:
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date
- Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following LINK: CLICK HERE
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application by email to email@example.com, indicating the reference code above (SVN/ID10/2021/001) as subject. The deadline for applications is 28 February 2021.
Candidates applying for this vacancy are required to declare whether they have relatives already working for IOM.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered