INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR MIGRATION JOB VACANCIES 2021
Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Reference No: SVN/ID10/2021/017
- Position Title: Head of Field Office
- Duty Station: Batam
- Organization Unit: Operations IOM Batam
- Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G-6
- Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term contract with possibility of extension (the whole period of initial contract shall be considered as probation period)
- Report to:
- 1st Manager: Programme Coordinator for Northern Region
- 2nd Manager: Sr. Resources Management Officer
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: 22 March 2021
Operating in Indonesia for more than 40 years, IOM Indonesia is one of the largest IOM missions in the world working on a wide range of activities in partnership with the Government of Indonesia, civil society, private sector actors, migrants and communities. IOM Indonesia is engaged in several thematic areas, including: Counter Trafficking and Labour Migration (CT/LM), Disasters, Climate and Resilience (DCR), Immigration and Border Management (IBM), Migrant Assistance, Migration Health, and Resettlement and Voluntary Returns.
The operation team will work on field to support the achievement of IOM work to improve the quality of care for refugees and asylum seekers referred to IOM by the Government of Indonesia according to applicable international humanitarian and human rights standards. Under the direct supervision of HOSO / Programme Coordinator Northern Indonesia in Tanjung Pinang, in close coordination with Senior Resource Management Officer in Jakarta, and the overall supervision of the Deputy Chief of Mission, the Head of Field Office will be responsible for the management of the field-office including the oversight of projects and activities in their area.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Establish and maintain necessary relationships with local government, immigration, policy, local representatives of national government and community leaders to assist in the delivery of projects partnered with these agencies.
- Provide comprehensive monthly reports on each project being implemented in the field-office area.
- Formulate concepts for potential projects in the area. Assist Project Development Unit with development of project proposals related to the area.
- Advise the HOSO / Programme Coordinator Northern Region Indonesia based in Tanjung Pinang and Deputy Chief of Mission on migration related trends in the area.
- Oversee the care and maintenance of refugees and asylum seekers under IOM auspices in Batam in strict compliance with IOM Operational Guidelines. Ensure that basic services are provided in a timely and efficient manner, including accommodation, medical, mental health, and education.
- Visit refugees and asylum seekers under IOM auspices and undertake activities as indicated in the visit activity/work plan prepared in coordination with supervisor. Prepare and submit site-visit reports to Programme Coordinator/National Program Coordinator Northern Region based in Tanjung Pinang and Jakarta Operations.
- Review and ensure that payments for service providers and local authorities are correct and necessary.
- Coordinate with IOM Jakarta to assistant handling resettlement and Voluntary Repatriation of Refugees and Irregular Migrants movements to ensure accurate and update Irregular migrants Statistics.
- Assist Jakarta Resettlement & Movement Management handle the new arrival of the migrants and to coordinate with the local authorities to arrange the security, food and lodging and purchase the basic needs for the migrants.
- Manage all aspects of the operational, logistical, administrative, budgetary and financial activities as well as supervision of staffing in his/her area responsibility for the administrative matters in close coordination with related unit and in accordance with programme standards. Ensure that all staff members in his/her area are performed their tasks in line with IOM regulation and guidelines.
- Coordinate on security related matters with Field Security Assistant in Jakarta and local UNDSS office. Ensure that sub office and its staff comply with MOSS and MORSS requirement.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University (S1) Degree in Management, Economics, Political, Social Science or Business and Counseling with 4 (four) years of relevant working experience, or;
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with 6 (six) years of working experience.
- Indonesia National with good knowledge of, and experience in project implementation and managing the administration and operational.
- Have working experience in any of these fields, particularly in dealing with migrants, refugees/asylum seekers, livelihoods projects or community development projects, direct beneficiaries and/or trainings.
Experience in managing team.
- Working knowledge of IOM procurement, admin and finance rules.
- Proficient in computer applications
- Good written and spoken communications skills,
- Good communication skills, personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respect for diversity and creative thinking.
- Ability to lead, coach and work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respect for diversity and creative thinking.
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required, both written and spoken.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competency – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others and building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate and security clearances.
IOM applies local United Nations Salary Scale.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date
- Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following LINK: CLICK HERE
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application by email to email@example.com, indicating the reference code above (SVN/ID10/2021/017) as subject. The deadline for applications is 22 March 2021. Candidates applying for this vacancy are required to declare whether they have relatives already working for IOM.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered