INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR MIGRATION JOB VACANCIES 2021
Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Reference No: SVN/ID10/2021/016
- Position Title: Programme Clerk (MHPSS)
- Duty Station: Tangerang
- Organization Unit: MHPSS – Migration Health Unit
- Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G-3
- Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term contract with possibility of extension (the whole period of initial contract shall be considered as probation period)
- Report to: Regional Migrant Care Coordinator
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: 21 March 2021
- Operating in Indonesia for more than 40 years, IOM Indonesia is one of the largest IOM missions in the world working on a wide range of activities in partnership with the Government of Indonesia, civil society, private sector actors, migrants, and communities. IOM Indonesia is engaged in several thematic areas, including: Counter-Trafficking and Labour Migration (CT/LM), Disasters, Climate and Resilience (DCR), Immigration and Border Management (IBM), Migrant Assistance, Migration Health, and Resettlement and Voluntary Returns.
- The Migrant Care unit will focus to improve the quality of care for refugees and asylum seekers referred to IOM by the Government of Indonesia according to applicable international humanitarian and human rights standards. Under the direct supervision of the Regional Migrant Care Coordinator and overall supervision of the RCA Programme Coordinator (Central Region), the incumbent will provide assistance in overseeing and monitoring the implementation of the psychosocial assistance activities for the irregular migrants in the Area of Responsibility.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide assistance in maintaining overall project documents administration for psychosocial program under Central Regional office.
- Support in administering and follow up project supporting (financial and procurement) documents in a timely manner by coordinating closely with project staff and support staff.
- Track and follow up the process of BAS (Bidding Analysis System) for any psychosocial needs within Central Regional Field Offices.
- Act as focal point for Tangerang psychosocial logistic and fleet arrangement.
- Assist in maintaining case profiles within Central Regional that have been submitted to Jakarta level.
- Maintain and keep updated the psychosocial project contact list that includes stakeholders, service providers, migrant representatives, NGO partners, government institutions, and public services.
- Assist psychosocial project staff in implementing psychosocial program that includes activities such as: taking minutes of meeting, distribution, venue, invitation letter and other basic support needed.
- Assist psychosocial project staff in data management, including: providing data needed by coordinating with relevant staff or division and ensuring RAMs update.
- Facilitate library activity for migrants in Tangerang Field office.
- Provide clerical assistance as necessary, assist psychosocial with staff official travel documents, and organize project’s incoming and outgoing documents.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in the relevant field (Social Science, Finance, Business Administration, Management, another related field) with a minimum 1 (one) year of relevant working experience, or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with a minimum of 3 (three) years of relevant working experience.
- Have good knowledge of, and experience in the administration and operation of project implementation.
- Have previous experience working with the psychosocial field is an advantage.
- Willingness to travel
- Experience in working with irregular migrants; trafficked persons; general counseling and networking.
- Familiarity with the IOM working environment is a distinct advantage
- Proficient in computer applications
- Good written and spoken communications skills,
- Good interpersonal skills, high loyalty, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and good working in a team.
- Ability to maintain records (reports, data, etc) and to analyze and interpret source information and data.
- A high level of computer literacy is required.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respect for diversity, and creative thinking.
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required, both written and spoken.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competency – behavioral indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate, and security clearances.
IOM applies the local United Nations Salary Scale.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date
- Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following LINK: CLICK HERE
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary and a minimum of three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application by email to email@example.com, indicating the reference code above (SVN/ID10/2021/016) as the subject. The deadline for applications is 21 March 2021. Candidates applying for this vacancy are required to declare whether they have relatives already working for IOM.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered