INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR MIGRATION JOB VACANCIES 2021
Open to External Candidates
- Reference No: CFCV/ID10/2021/015
- Position Title: Intern (Human Resources)
- Duty Station: Jakarta
- Organization Unit: Human Resources Unit
- Type of Appointment: Internship Contract for 3 (three) months, with the possibility of extension
- Report to: National HR Officer
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: 21 March 2021
Operational in Indonesia for more than 40 years, IOM Indonesia is one of the largest IOM missions in the world working on a wide range of activities in partnership with the Government of Indonesia, civil society, private sector actors, migrants and communities. IOM Indonesia is engaged in several thematic areas, including: Counter Trafficking and Labour Migration (CT/LM), Disasters, Climate and Resilience (DCR), Immigration and Border Management (IBM), Migrant Assistance, Migration Health, and Resettlement and Voluntary Returns.
The Resources Management Unit will contribute to the monitoring and supporting the budgetary financial, human resources and other administrative functions to ensure quality, effective and efficient resources management of the Country Office. Under the guidance and direct supervision of National HR Officer, the incumbent will provide assistance in human resources administrative activities for IOM Mission in Indonesia. S/he will be working in close coordination with all HR team and DRM unit in the Mission.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide assistance in recruitment process of national staffs: post the vacancy notice, keep and save all the applications letter in HR folders, do the long-listing and submit the long-listed application to the concerned unit; arrange interviews of candidates and written test, if any; assist to carry out reference checks for short-listed candidates; arrange for induction and security briefings, and medical examination for new incoming staff;
- Keep record of activities performed by the Human Resources unit, classify materials for filing and coordinate with the colleagues in the unit;
- Maintain staff personnel files both hard copy and soft copy including update the e-filling in HR system of national staff, consultants/interns and all international staff in the mission;
- Keep the confidentiality of all data/records;
- Maintain database on monthly Staffing Movement and Staff Count Records;
- Maintain database on staff data related with covid-19;
- Verify Staff Education Certificates and update HR Checklist of documentations – both softcopy and hardcopy;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Applicants enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum under-graduate school) in Economy Management, Human Resources, Business Administration, or others at the of application of internship; and/or applicants who are enrolled in a second university degree (graduate school/ equivalent); or have graduated with a university degree within one year of graduation.
- Previous experience in the field of Human Resources or Management will be an advantage.
- Strong administration skill and attention to detail. Ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Technology savvy, advance level of Microsoft Offices particularly Outlook, Word, Excel are required.
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required, both written and spoken.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competency – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date
- Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following LINK: CLICK HERE
- Detailed curriculum vitae and minimum three referees (preferably direct academic supervisors).
Please submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference code above (CFCV/ID10/2021/015) as subject. The deadline for applications is 21 March 2021. Candidates applying for this vacancy are required to declare whether they have relatives already working for IOM.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered