CATHOLIC RELIEF SERVICES JOB VACANCIES 2021
CRS Indonesia is Looking Individual Consultant for Emergency Rapid Response Fund (ERRF) Project
Under the overall guidance and direction of the supervisor, the Project Consultant will provide programmatic support and coordination to the effective management of CRS’ ERRF Project
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is a US–based voluntary organization working in more than 80 countries around the world to assist people victims of disasters, people in need and the disadvantaged regardless of race, belief or nationality. CRS has been operating in Indonesia since 1957 under a Memorandum of Understanding with the Ministry of Social Affairs to support local communities struggling to alleviate human suffering, eradicate poverty, and become self-reliant through the implementation of mother and child health and nutrition programs, agricultural livelihoods, and disaster risk reduction. CRS is also a major player in humanitarian and disaster response intervention in Indonesia. CRS implements its programs in collaboration with local non – government organizations operating in CRS’s geographical target areas.
A powerful 6.2 magnitude earthquake rocked West Sulawesi on January 15, 2021, claiming nearly 105 lives, caused 3,369 injuries, of which 426 people seriously injured, damaging thousands of homes and public infrastructure and facilities. Reports from the National Disaster Management Agency (BNPB) on 27 January 2021 said the earthquake caused immense damages to 1,150 houses, 3 bridges, 3 hospitals, 11 community health centers, 1 port, 1 hotel, government offices, 3 mini markets, 17 educational units, and places of worships (mosques, churches). Thousands of people in the districts of Mamuju and Majene fled their homes to seek refuge in encampments. BNPB has reported that at least 91,657 internally displaced people (58,795 in Mamuju, 27,537 in Majene and 5,325 in Polewali Mandar).
Based on assessment findings and locally identified gaps, CRS Indonesia, in collaboration with its local partners the member of HFI (Humanitarian Forum Indonesia) they are Human Initiative (HI) and Muhammadiyah Disaster Management Center (MDMC) propose the “Emergency Assistance for Earthquake Affected Families in West Sulawesi” which covers three core areas of interventions:
- Shelter: Provide 50 pre-identified vulnerable households with shelter solutions in Majene and Mamuju districts, while supporting localized responses to coordinate the long-term recovery in the shelter sector.
- Hygiene promotion and COVID-19 prevention: Hygiene promotion for 1,000 households and the installation of 200 handwashing stations in strategic public spaces (e.g. mosques, markets, IDP locations) to prevent and control the spread of common communicable diseases, especially COVID-19 and other vector borne diseases likely to occur during emergency situations and overcrowded IDP settings.
- Multi-purpose cash assistance: Provide one-time distribution to 500 pre-identified vulnerable households in Majene and Mamuju districts.
WORK TO BE ACCOMPLISHED
She/he will work in close collaboration with the CRS’ partners, program and operations teams, Government officials, and relevant working groups/clusters ensuring successful project implementation.
The Project Consultant will undertake the following tasks:
- Update project work plans and project budget, as needed
- Oversee the partnerships under the project
- Undertake day to day management of the project, including smooth project implementation, efficient use of resources.
- Manage the project budget.
- Provide administrative coordination of the Project components,
- Ensure the participation and involvement of relevant stakeholders in project activities,
- Ensure the timeliness and quality of the outputs as well as timely preparation of reports on achievements and challenges faced within the project;
- Ensure delivery of resources and results according to planned targets.
- Support the coordination with relevant Government authorities and other relevant actors
- Support the implementation of monitoring and learning
- Project Consultant expected to provide progress report and final report to Program Quality Manager.
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE
- Project location is in West Sulawesi, Project consultant expected to visit at least one time to monitor the progress of the project and coordination with partner and government stakeholder.
- Most of the time the tasks will carried out by working from home due to pandemic Covid19
Duration of the project coordinator to manage ERRF project will start on April until May 31, 2021
- Education: Master’s degree in social sciences or related technical field.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in project management in a development context
- Good understanding of the humanitarian context and CRS’ approach to partnerships.
- Experience in administrative management of projects, including budget budgets, financial oversight and administration.
- Experience in developing and maintaining partnerships with government, NGO partners and other stakeholders
- Experience in using project planning tools.
- Prior experience with CRS will be an asset.
Required/Desired Foreign Language
- High level English oral and written communication skills, including representation and liaison skills.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants who fulfil the above requirements are requested to submit all required documents to Indonesia_HR@crs.org by April 5th , 2021. Please, indicate ERRF Consultant in the subject.
“Only short-listed candidates will be invited via e-mail/phone for Interview”