CNV INTERNATIONAAL JOB VACANCIES 2021
Terms of Reference
Regional Financial Officer – Consultancy based
CNV Internationaal is an independent foundation. In the Netherlands, it is affiliated with the National Confederation of Christian Trade Unions (CNV). Together with its partner organisations, CNV Internationaal protects and promotes workers’ rights based on the principles of international solidarity, personal responsibility, social dialogue and pluralism. In the Netherlands, CNV Internationaal contributes, working with the CNV confederation, to improving working conditions through lobbying, policy influencing and awareness building.
CNV International works on social dialogue, on the employability of young people, and on labour rights in (international) production chains, and is active in the palm oil, sugar, mining, textiles, and metal industries, among others. We are the development organization of the Dutch trade union CNV, and we work closely with international partner unions. We train colleagues from abroad to become strong negotiating partners in their own countries and strengthen the voices of young people and women. We do this by providing courses, exchanging knowledge, and using our network. In addition, we work together with the Dutch government and the Dutch business community in making their international production chains more sustainable, e.g. by providing advice and laying down commitments for international responsible business conduct in voluntary IRBC agreements.
CNV Internationaal works with the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs in three programs:
- The Trade Union Co-Financing Program (TUCP).
- The Sustainable Textile Initiative: Together for Change (STITCH), that strives to improve working conditions in textile production.
In addition, some of our projects are financed from funds negotiated in Dutch collective labour agreements (the IC-CAO projects) and from the FVO Responsible Business Fund. Also, a large group of individuals contributes donations to the work of the CNV Internationaal.
In Asia, for the period 2021 – 2025, CNV Internationaal operates in 3 countries, namely Indonesia, Cambodia, and Vietnam. CNV Internationaal focuses on the 2 programs funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs above.
CNV Internationaal is aware of the importance of financial management in the project management cycle, and therefore intends to strengthen this aspect in the operation, especially in Indonesia. We are now looking for a financial consultant for this purpose.
The main objective of the financial consultant is to oversee the grants of CNV Internationaal as well as other funds of CNV Internationaal’s activities on regional and country levels.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assessing and supporting financial management of partners to guarantee that they have the capacity to manage our grants in compliance with CNV Internationaal’s policies and standards; this could include providing and supporting financial pieces of training for partners and staff and developing and upgrading financial tools
- Ensure that timelines are met for submission of financial reports and input to the accountant;
- Follow-up on the progress on findings from an accountant with the implementing partners;
- Reviewing budgets proposed by partners and staff;
- Monitoring partners’ spending and overall spending of the different programs quarterly;
- Coordination with and provide advice to regional and national consultants and CNV Internationaal in the Netherlands with regard to financial matters;
- Provide support to CNV Internationaal’s Asia team in monitoring of budgets for different programs at regional and country level, as well as budgeting for new programs
- Coordinating annual interim and final audit;
- Supporting regional and national consultants in implementing activities.
On regular basis, the financial consultant is expected to deliver at least:
- Analyze regular financial report from the partners
- Follow-up report on findings from accountant
- Annual and interim audit reports of the partners
In addition to these regular deliverables, the financial consultant is also expected to deliver outputs related to the financial annual work plan
- At least Bachelor’s degree in economics or relevant educational background
- At least 7 years of experience in non-profit financial management and projects, preferably in non-profit international entities (NGOs, donors, UN Agencies);
- Speaks and writes fluent English;
- Have basic information on financial regulations related to non-profit projects in the countries where CNVI operates (including tax issues, grant policies, etc.)
- Familiar with financial report system, such as Sango, Quickbook, Zahir, others
The assignment starts as soon as possible. And the consultant is expected to work 2 days a week.
How to apply for the assignment?
Applicants are requested to send:
- A letter of motivation explaining why you are the right person for this position
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- 2 references from previous supervisors
Applications can be sent to email@example.com mentioning “Asia Financial Consultant” by April 9, 2021. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed by CNV Internationaal.