YAYASAN HUMANIS DAN INOVASI SOSIAL JOB VACANCIES 2021
Yayasan Humanis and Social Innovation is a non-governmental development organisation, affiliated with Hivos International in the Netherlands and guided by humanist values, that aims to contribute to a free, fair and sustainable world where citizens, women and men, have equal access to resources, opportunities and markets and can participate actively and equally in decision making processes that determine their lives, their society and their future. Yayasan’s basic commitment is to poor and marginalised people – and their organisations. A sustainable improvement of their situation is the ultimate benchmark for the work and efforts of Yayasan. The empowerment of women in order to achieve gender equality is a primary directive in Yayasan’ policy. For its Yayasan seeks qualified candidates for the position of:
- Title: Gender & Inclusion (G&I) Manager
- Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Report to: Program Development Manager and Project Team Leader
- Duration: 1 (one) year
In December 2019, Hivos signed a four-years partnership agreement with Palladium in rolling out the Prosperity Fund’s Menuju Transisi Energi Rendah Karbon Indonesia (MENTARI) funded by the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). The program main goal is focusing on renewable energy as a transformative platform for green and inclusive economic growth in Eastern Indonesia through:
- Improved Policy and Regulation
- Brokered Investment
- Demonstration Projects, and
- Collaboration and Networking.
The G&I Manager position is aimed to provide support on mainstreaming applicable gender and social inclusion into the four main strands in MENTARI. Together with other consortium members from Palladium and Castlerock. The G&I Manager plays a role in ensuring that gender components are well-represented and implemented in the policy and regulatory recommendation, financial & investment, renewable energy project implementation and collaboration knowledge learning agenda. The position is full-time (40hrs/week) Jakarta-based with travels, primarily to Eastern Indonesia.
Roles and responsibilities
- To play a proactive role in the implementation of the MENTARI Program which overall aims on renewable energy as a transformative platform for green and inclusive economic growth in Eastern Indonesia.
- Work in a team, support Strand Leads in mainstreaming G&I in all MENTARI’s four key deliveries.
- Ensure and actively advocate that gender and social inclusion approach is integrated in all strands’ targets and commitments.
- Prepare gender awareness programs for team members, partners and technical assistance of G&I mainstreaming to target groups as deemed needed.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of G&I sensitive monitoring and reporting systems according to donor’s requirement.
- Coordinate, collect and contribute to G&I knowledge development, good practices and lessons learned, action research etc.
- Lead the coordination of specific input from technical consultants for Mentari.
- Responsible to a successful deliveries of G&I workplan, indicators, reports and service credits.
- Annual G&I health check, including routine awareness creation and capacity building, screen activities across all Strands using G&I assessment tool and monitor progress along the G&I sensitivity scale through out project implementation.
- Participate and represent the program as G&I expert in meetings and conferences.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
- Minimum bachelor degree in social sciences. A master degree with specific gender and women empowerment agenda will be of advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in gender and social inclusion mainstreaming in development programs. Additional exposure to renewable energy sector would be highly considered.
- Strong knowledge and passion on gender, women empowerment and social inclusion in development sectors (energy sector will be an advantage).
- Experience in capacity building (training), technical assistance, mentoring and knowledge sharing including technical document development
- Must have excellent communications skill, able to express views clearly and have strong relational skills in lobbying and advocating G&I
- A good team player, strong personality, assertive initiatives. A good listener who can identify gender issues and bring these into discussion in the work environment and among team members.
- Experience in coordination of research activities and Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Strong organizational administrative and proven report writing skills.
- Can indicate his/her limits in time, plan well, be assertive and decisive and independent.
What do we offer
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
The G&I Manager graded in Grade: 10-11 (from 1-14 Yayasan salary grade).
How to apply
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 4 April 2021.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (G&I Manager) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Opened position for national level / Indonesian nationality.