350.ORG JOB VACANCIES 2021
350.org is building a global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis. Our online campaigns, grassroots organizing, and mass public actions are led from the bottom up by thousands of volunteer organizers in over 188 countries. 350.org works hard to organize in a new way—everywhere at once, using online tools to facilitate strategic offline action. We want to be a laboratory for the best ways to strengthen the climate movement and catalyze transformation around the world.
350.org is an equal opportunity employer. 350.org strives to be an inclusive and collaborative group of people who bring a variety of approaches to the work we do. We’re committed to the principles of justice, and we try to build a safe workplace where everyone is treated fairly and enjoys working together. We value new perspectives, ideas of all sorts, and different ways of working. Diverse perspectives and experiences improve the way 350.org carries out our work – including what we decide to work on and how creatively/effectively we do that. We do our best to make staff positions accessible to all potential team members, regardless of race, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, assigned gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or identity, religion or creed, veteran status, marital or parental status, and genetic information. We also strive to include team members in communities most impacted by climate change or impacted by other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustice.
About the Indonesia Digital Campaigner
The Indonesia Digital Campaigner will identify, develop, and implement multi-platform digital campaigns, and collaborate with other 350.org staff and partners on online-to-offline organizing and mobilization strategy in Indonesia and occasionally the wider region. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker, an experienced campaigner, a solid project manager, and a talented writer in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
We are looking for someone with demonstrated experience in developing, planning, implementing, and coordinating creative campaigns to get results, including innovative use of online tools and strategies. Experience with collaborative group processes, and working on energy and climate issues in Indonesia, will be distinct advantages.
The Indonesia Digital Campaigner will:
- Work with 350.org campaigns & project teams to develop and implement strategic
- Online-to-offline campaigns. This includes supporting allies and partners in Indonesia;
- Craft email, social media, and other web content to support campaigns in 350.org voice;
- Identify opportunities, develop campaign ideas, and implement strategic online
- Campaigns to grow 350.org’s audience and mailing list, and increase engagement;
- Occasionally support staff or partners with technical assistance, including HTML, graphic design, and database management;
- Use digital media to share campaign updates, victories, and stories.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 2 years of experience in online campaigning.
- Strategic campaign development expertise and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Fantastic verbal and written communication skills, with fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia. Ability to write for a variety of audiences and platforms.
- Highly organized, and able to manage multiple projects at once without sacrificing quality.
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as in close coordination with a remote team.
- Keen knowledge of and interest in energy and climate politics.
- Knowledge of and dedication to the climate movement. Commitment to building grassroots power as a means to effect change.
- Good networking skills and ability to work with multiple partners from all parts of the society.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Experience at the intersection of online and offline organizing, mobilization, and direct action.
- Experience with coalition and/or multi-stakeholder campaign planning and implementation.
- Experience using some (or all) of the online platforms employed by the digital team, including but not limited to Action Kit, WordPress, Salesforce, mass and peer-to-peer SMS tools, social media platforms like Falcon, and digital advertising — and willingness and ability to quickly learn how to use new tools and techniques
- Basic front-end web development skills (HTML, CSS).
- A good design eye, and experience using graphic design programs.
Experience with the following:
- Grassroots organizing
- Non-violent direct action and civil disobedience
- Internal processes and systems development
- International campaigning
Position Type: Full time
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Compensation: SG 8
Location: Indonesia, most likely Jakarta or Bali. Must have a strong internet connection.