YAYASAN HUMANIS DAN INOVASI SOSIAL JOB VACANCIES 2021
Yayasan Humanis dan Inovasi Sosial or Humanist and Social Innovation Foundation is an affiliated organization of Hivos. Currently we are looking for a candidate to fill this position:
- Title: Finance Consultant (FC) for Financial and Admin (Auditing) Support – EU SWITCH Asia Local Harvest Project (Y1-3)
- Duration: May – October 2021 (maximum 120 days)
- Report to: Finance Officer – Local Harvest
SWITCH Asia II – Promoting Sustainable Consumption and Production, entitled ‘Promoting Sustainable and Equitable Consumption and Local Food Systems in Indonesia’ has specific objective/outcome goal of a significant shift in consumption patterns towards sustainable and ethically sourced food products in Indonesia is stimulated by increased knowledge and awareness of consumers about the impacts of their food choices; increased capacities of food MSMEs and producers – including women and indigenous people – to penetrate markets; and a favorable policy environment for uptake of SCP practices in the food sector.
The SWITCH Asia-Local Harvest projects period of implementation starts from March 1, 2018 and ended on February 28, 2022 implemented by Yayasan WWF Indonesia, Association for Women in Small Business Assistance (ASPPUK), Yayasan Pengembangan Sumberdaya Hutan Indonesia (NTFP-EP Indonesia) and Indigenous People’ Alliance of the Archipelago-Aliansi Masyarakat Adat Nusantara (AMAN).
During the project implementation, finance staff of partner organization plays a crucial role to ensure that the incurred project expenditures are accountable, eligible, verifiable, and complies to the EU regulations and requirements as well as local statutory. Therefore, capacity building and knowledge sharing becoming crucial factor in working together with implementation partners. Based on that, The SWITCH Asia -Local Harvest project shall engage Financial Consultant (FC) to help us with these objectives.
The primary objective of the consultant is to provide capacity building on financial and administration to enable the project’s finance staff to have a more comprehensive understanding and to be able to carry out sound financial management during the project implementations.
Since the capacity building of partners will be based on their needs, therefore FC will perform preliminary assessment of the partners’ organizations particularly in the financial and administrative aspects.
The assessment will be focuses to:
- Ensure the administrative practices of partners meet the European Union (EU) requirements and their own respective organizations Standard of Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Review the supporting financial documents of partners during 3 years of project implementations (March 2018-February 2021) in order to provide feedback and instructions towards improvement of financial management and reporting for partners as well as the project.
With that being done, the specific objectives that are expected from this capacity building process are:
- Partners have comprehensive understanding of budget, contract, general/specific terms and conditions of the project’s lead and donor.
- Partners have comprehensive understanding the importance of financial reporting and the proper documentations for eligible and verifiable financial transactions (filing, journal voucher, budget vs expenditures).
- Partners are capable in practicing transparent and accountable financial management (human resources charging, tax, social securities) including how to book and to report to donors.
- Partners are capable in carrying out self-audit and preparing for project verification by external auditor.
The consultants who shall serve as Finance Consultant (FC) for the SWITCH Asia-Local Harvest Project will be engaged within the period of May to October, 2021. The entire working process in each partner shall be composed of a maximum 30 days. Due to the pandemic of C19, therefore the working process will be maximized through online method unless partners and the selected consultant prefer otherwise (offline method). If face-to-face (offline method) needed, it can be conducted based on policy applied in the project’s leader and any costs incurred will be covered by the consultant. The total consultancy days for this contract are 120 days. Specific working days to partners within May to October, 2021 shall be determined together with the project’s leader and partners.
- An assessment and capacity building report of partners
- An end-of-task report with recommendations
All reports (English) should be submitted in electronic version in relevant Microsoft Office format.
- Established expertise in Finance Management, Audits and Accounting
- Established financial management and review experience with the European Union Programs/Projects, particularly in Southeast Asia;
- Higher level education in accountancy and/or finance;
- Higher level experience in conducting organizational audits is strongly preferred.
- Well established history in conducting financial evaluations /audit of NGOs, preferably in the area of food system program implementation.
- Preferably with knowledge and experience in the field of international development cooperation.
- Preferably with advanced degree in Finance Management, Accounting or similar,
- Preferably based in Greater Jakarta area.
- Full professional proficiency of writing and communicating in English and Bahasa.
- Flexible and able to work in a complex environment with local stakeholders and international partners.
How to apply:
A proposal covering technical and financial aspects, with CV, should be addressed to:
- Finance Officer Switch Asia Local Harvest Project with subject “Finance Consultant (FC) for Switch Asia Local Harvest Project” and send via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for submission of proposal is April 11, 2021.