PLAN INTERNATIONAL INDONESIA JOB VACANCIES 2021
Yayasan Plan International Indonesia is presently implementing its country strategic 4 (CS 4) covering fiscal year 2017 to 2022, where the country objective has been defined as “to identify and facilitate the removal of obstacles that prevent children from enjoying their rights and participating fully in Indonesian society”. The organisation’s purpose is to “strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls”. This goal will be achieved by providing technical support and implementing quality programs and projects through partnership. An effective and efficient communications strategy is a must for Plan Indonesia to share the outcomes of these projects to influence different actors, specially state authorities and to position Plan’s profile within and outside at different levels – starting from community, sub district, district to national, regional and international levels. Yayasan Plan International Indonesia invites highly competent, experienced and committed professionals to fill the following position:
Project Coordinator – Raising the Bar
The COVID-19 Pandemic has deepened gender inequality with differentiated impacts on men and women. Social distancing measures have worsened women’s situations with increased intensity of unpaid domestic work, and increased risks of losing education and facing gender-based/domestic violence. Urban communities are at greater risk due to settlement density, stricter containment measures and scale of economic impact including in women’s labor force participation. Conversely, men too have lost jobs and income. Men’s perceived identity as the breadwinner and social expectation often stops men from seeking help when facing compounding distress under the pandemic. These impacts are greatly affecting millennials (aged 18-40).
YPII will conduct Raise the Bar campaign project from April 2021 to September 2022. The campaign will leverage the digital opportunity created by pandemic to change narratives and challenge negative social norms affecting men and women millennials to cope with pandemic and beyond particularly through social media. Targeting urban millennials, going with #RaiseTheBar tagline, the campaign has two objectives:
- To raise awareness, strengthen girls and women’s agency, and promote women’s leadership.
- To tackle toxic masculinity, promote feminist leadership and showcase positive deviance of men’s gender role
- The project coordinator will be responsible for the implementation of the campaign project, which include coordinating all project activities and budget effectively and timely, ensuring its compliance with Plan Indonesia and donors procedures, safeguarding policies and risk mitigation. Project coordinator will also lead the design of the campaign content and its execution with support from internal team within Influencing department of Plan Indonesia.
- The key competencies required for this position will be: excellent communicating skills with all stakeholders, including target groups, media partners, and influencers; understanding of gender norms issues and social change; and ability to utilize social media platforms effectively. The experience needed for this position will be minimum five years of experience in working on projects relevant to the theme.
Dimensions of the Role
- Coordinate technical, operational and management aspects of the project.
- Collaborate with Campaign Specialist, Social Media Specialist, Youth Engagement & Participation Specialist, and MER Specialist in developing campaign content and engaging targeted audience through social media platform
- Closely engage and develop partnership with youth groups, Key Opinion Leaders, other donor’s grantees and related stakeholders to achieve desired outcome of the project
- Join donor’s regular meeting with donor and other grantees to exchange information and success stories
- Oversee all financial, procurement and operational aspect including in the SAP system
- Work closely with M&E and Finance Admin staff monitor project indicators and budget spending
- Ensure efficient and compliant administration of the project including risk mitigation and safeguarding procedures particularly when dealing with youth groups
- Track and report quarterly on programmatic achievements and produce technical and/or operational reports and project success stories to be submitted to Advocacy and Campaign Manager
- Communicate and coordination with various levels of the organization for project management, technical and operational support to the project.
Key internal contacts
Child Protection Advisor; Gender Specialist, Campaign and Youth Engagement Officer; Communication Team; Policy and Advocacy Specialist.
Key external contacts
- Children and youth groups
- YPII’s Network Partners
- Media and Social Media Company Partners
- Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 6 years of experiences, or Master’s Degree with minimum 4 years of experiences, in the gender studies, social / behaviour communication, development studies, social sciences, sociology, economics, and other relevant disciplines
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible experiences and expertise on social media campaign and digital activation
- Demonstrated experiences in public mobilisation and leading campaign initiative, youth engagement, campaign in the last 5 years
- Good understanding on gender justice issues
- Familiar with international donor programs working with counterparts at various levels of private sector, government, youth associations, and other stakeholders
- Team player with good networking skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure with multiple concurrent demands
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
We create a climate of trust inside and outside the organisation by being open, honest and transparent. We hold ourselves and others to account for the decisions we make and for our impact on others, while doing what we say we will do.
We strive for lasting impact
We strive to achieve significant and lasting impact on the lives of children and young people, and to secure equality for girls. We challenge ourselves to be bold, courageous, responsive, focused and innovative.
We work well together
We succeed by working effectively with others, inside and outside the organisation, including our sponsors and donors. We actively support our colleagues, helping them to achieve their goals. We come together to create and implement solutions in our teams, across Plan International, with children, girls, young people, communities and our partners.
We are inclusive and empowering
We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge inequality in our programmes and our workplace. We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives. We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential.
Typical office environment with frequent travels, sometimes to remote areas (50%)
Level of contact with children and young people
High level: Frequent interaction with children and young people
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. Please submit your letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae in English by CLICK HERE and apply now not later than April 6, 2021
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.