RTI INTERNATIONAL JOB VACANCIES 2021
USAID’s Act to End NTDs | East program – managed by RTI International and focuses on eliminating selected Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) in collaboration with the Ministry of Health.
The Technical Specialists to be responsible for coordinating and implementing a variety of project activities focusing on NTDs including field surveys, workshops, training and capacity building. He/she will provide technical assistance on control and elimination of NTDs; maintain relationships with key sector partners, donors, consultants, host country counterparts and stakeholders; collaborate with colleagues across RTI on technical, administrative, and strategic planning initiatives; and ensure best practices and lessons learned are captured and disseminated across project. The Technical Specialist may serve as a representative of the project to clients, stakeholders, and partners, providing key inputs for technical or management decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the project staff in organizing, implementing and evaluating all project activities including surveys, workshops, training and technical meetings funded under the Act | East program, as well as all Health System Strengthening and Learning activities.
- Collaborate with the M&E Specialist and M&E Officer on data management, analysis and archiving, and translating data into action.
- Assist the Senior Technical Manager in managing relationships with the MOH and other key stakeholders at the national, provincial and district levels to ensure the successful implementation of all project support.
- Assist the Senior Technical Manager in developing annual project workplans and budgets.
- Supervise the implementation of Disease Specific Assessment (DSA) activities, e.g. pre-Transmission Assessment Survey (pre-TAS), TAS, and others, and ensure the quality of the implementation to meet the protocol requirements as well as the data quality.
- Administer funding for specific activities in the field, e.g. TAS, workshops, or training, as needed.
- Other duties related to other technical activities as assigned by the Senior Technical Manager.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree and 1 year of experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven experience in working collaboratively with the Ministry of Health at all levels as well as local NGOs is preferred.
- Knowledge of Neglected Tropical Disease (NTD) is preferred.
- The candidate must demonstrate an ability to successfully work within a team, have exceptional organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple, high pressure activities.