YAYASAN KONSERVASI ALAM NUSANTARA JOB VACANCIES 2021
Yayasan Konservasi Alam Nusantara (YKAN), is the main partner of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) in Indonesia. YKAN mission is to inherit sustainable natural environment for future generations by preserving lands and water terein in which all lives depends on, through management of protected reserved area, vital species habitat conservation and local communities empowerment.
We currently have several openings for: Gender and Livelihood Specialist
Gender and Livelihood Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing social and gender inclusive community-based conservation strategies in East and North Kalimantan provinces. She/he supports Community Senior Manager in involving various stakeholders, namely various government agencies, private companies, and communities, at different levels, from village to province. She/he uses a variety of methods, tools, and participatory processes to engage women and other marginal groups meaningfully in program planning, implementation, and evaluation. She/he provides technical leadership and support for the development of social and gender inclusive initiatives led by indigenous and local communities.
Gender and Livelihood Specialist provide plan and implement strategies for community-based natural resource management, cultivate shared learning among the conservation community and build the capacity of local NGO partners in developing the community livelihoods, support participatory and environmentally-sound village and sub-national development planning processes, develop and implement innovative scientific methods, analysis, tools, and frameworks to meaningfully engage communities and other stakeholders in the development of an environmentally friendly community economy.
The Gender and Livelihood Specialist reports to the Community Senior Manager and is based in Tanjung Redeb, Berau / East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
- A relevant undergraduate qualification is essential. A post-graduate degree in gender empowerment is highly desirable.
- Five years of relevant work experience on gender inclusion.
- At least five years of work experience with non-government organizations and/or international organisation in the areas of community development or related fields.
- Having knowledge of gender study and issues.
- Understanding of community-based natural resource management.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Proven skills in project/programme development and report writing.
Community Development Coordinator
Community Development Coordinator is responsible for engaging and supporting communities in natural resource management. S/he uses the full range of participatory methods, tools, SIGAP and processes to meaningfully engage communities in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the program. S/he provides administrative and project management support and other general assistance to program staff and consultants working towards the achievement of social objectives, conservation, or stewardship goals.
Community Development Coordinator develop a strategy to establish a collaboration between communities, government and corporations related to the social forestry partnership framework, develop monitoring and evaluation tools to measure the effectiveness of the partnership framework for communities, government, and corporations, involve in the implementation of plan VIVO or others method to measure carbon stock that provide incentive to communities, coordinate with district/provincial government especially community development institution (BPMD/BPMK), Leads and manages team Community Development both YKAN and partners which supports and improves conservation efforts in Kudus, Sanggau and Bogor, facilitate communities and village government to link with government agencies at the different levels, private companies, NGOs, etc.
Community Development Coordinator reports directly to the Stakeholder Outreach Manager. S/he will be based in the project site in Kudus, Central Java Province.
- BA/BS degree and 5 years’ experience in conservation practice or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing complex or multiple projects, including managing finances and coordinating the work of other professionals and partners.
- Supervisory experience, including motivating, leading, setting objectives and managing performance.
- Experience developing partnerships (partners, community, government).
- Knowledge of carbon project standards, carbon accounting and MRV.
- Experience and knowledge of current trends and strategies in natural forest management, forest certification and wood trade in Indonesia.
- Broad network of contacts in the forestry sector in Indonesia, especially with the private sector.
Please send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and insert the position title you are interested to apply on the subject line.