ECONUSA FOUNDATION JOB VACANCIES 2021
The EcoNusa Foundation is a non-profit organization that aims to enhance various local initiatives of Tanah Papua at national and international levels in an effort to provide support for sustainable management of natural resources in Indonesia. The EcoNusa Foundation was established on July 21, 2017, in Jakarta.
EcoNusa encourages the development of the capacity of civil society organizations to conduct advocacy, campaigns, communication, stakeholder engagement, and dialogue among stakeholders to meet the sustainable management of natural resources and promote transparency, conservation, and equality values. To achieve its mission, EcoNusa carries out several programs including Local Community Resilience, Policy Advocacy, Eastern Indonesia Communication Center, and Local Economic Development.
The Econusa urgently invites the best, most-talented and highly-motivated individuals to apply for the following vacancies:
- Post Title: Policy and Advocacy Engagement Researcher
- Supervisor: Policy and Advocacy Manager
- Duty Station: Jakarta
- Job Type: Full Time 1 year
- Level: Senior Officer
PURPOSE OF JOB
The purpose of the P&A Engagement Researcher’s job is to ensure the establishment and to maintain engagement with key stakeholders at the national level, especially with Ministries and other national-level governmental institutions. In addition, it also aims to ensure the distribution of information to EcoNusa in relation to any update on policies, laws, news, and political condition in each ministry or government institution to the extent that the said updates are related to the programs conducted by EcoNusa.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Building and maintaining engagement between EcoNusa and key stakeholders in the national level, especially with Ministries and other national-level governmental institutions in order to obtain updates on information related to EcoNusa’s programs.
- Drafting and writing periodic policy analysis and other research agendas related to EcoNusa’s programs.
- Assisting team in drafting programmatic work plan and budget related to policy and advocacy engagement.
- Conducting programs and activities in order to achieve planned results and outputs.
- Assisting in the Policy & Advocacy program monitoring process, including conducting reparation and/or adjustment on the work plan and its implementation based on the monitoring result.
- Assisting Policy and Advocacy Manager in drafting Terms of Reference and other modules or guidelines in implementing Policy & Advocacy programs.
- Writing a high-quality program and activity reports in time based on her/his responsibility.
- Assisting internal coordination and also external coordination in order to ensure the success of program implementation.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree from the law, international relations, political science, environmental studies, development studies, or any closely related field;
- Minimum 7 years working experience in forestry, environment, and or sustainable management;
- Experienced in engaging and maintaining engagement with national level Ministries and government institutions;
- Experienced in writing policy brief and analysis related to laws and regulations, as well as political situation;
- Possesses a good communication skill in order to engage with government authorities and other organization’s representatives;
- Proactive personality.
Internal: Working intensively within Policy & Advocacy Division and Research Division and coordinating with other directorate and division within EcoNusa.
External: Coordinating and building engagement with key stakeholders, especially national-level government institutions.
The job description covers the main tasks. The post holder may be required to carry out additional duties according to organizational needs and within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience
Please submit your letter of application, recent curriculum vitae by email to email@example.com with the subject “Policy and Advocacy Engagement Researcher” no later than April 11, 2021.