SWISSCONTACT JOB VACANCIES 2021
Swisscontact, the Swiss foundation for technical cooperation is a private and independent operating foundation, promoting sustainable economic growth in developing countries and emerging economies. For Swisscontact the private sector is the most important driving force behind economic development and sustainable poverty reduction to open up pathways into a future of opportunities.
Swisscontact is implementing the Sustainable Tourism Destination Development Project “SUSTOUR” as part of the Swiss-Indonesian Development Cooperation. Tourism is an important part of the Indonesian economy and an important source of employment and foreign exchange reserves. The Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) has been actively supporting the Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy of the Republic of Indonesia since 2009 to strengthen the competitiveness of selected tourism destinations. The SUSTOUR project focuses to develop a sustainable and inclusive expansion of tourism in Indonesia through two target destinations, namely Flores (East Nusa Tenggara) and Wakatobi (Southeast Sulawesi).
For project activities in the Denpasar Office, Swisscontact is looking for an enthusiastic and independent professional in the following field of expertise: Program Officer for Business Development – Based in Denpasar, Bali (Job Code: ADV.000054)
The Program Officer for Business Development is responsible to support in the management and coordination of project interventions which aim to improve the competitiveness of markets for sustainable tourism products and services in Flores and Wakatobi. He/she reports to the Deputy Project Manager / Sector Manager Business & TVET Development.
Task, Authority & Responsibility
Support in intervention management:
- Overseeing various interventions in the fields of tourism products and services as well as vocational school development
- Coordinating various interventions in the fields of tourism products and services as well as vocational school development with intervention leads in Flores and Wakatobi
- Conducting analyses/ diagnostics of the tourism market as an on-going and integral part to guide the project strategies
- Monitoring the development and reviewing of intervention plans
- Building partnerships, including pitching potential partners, co-developing intervention ideas/models, negotiating partnership agreements
- Managing partnerships and relationships between intervention leads/ teams and partners
- Monitoring and measuring intervention results in order to improve intervention performance, including developing/revising results chains, gathering data, analysing results and assessing progress towards systemic change
- Facilitating/ implementing intervention activities together with intervention leads/ team and intervention partners
Support in general aspects:
- Representing the project towards external stakeholders and attend/ facilitate relevant meetings, workshops, etc.
- Working closely with international and/or national technical short-term consultants to carry out related assignments in quality and time
- Ensuring smooth coordination with the SUSTOUR Offices in Flores and Wakatobi
- Development of related presentation material and capitalization of lessons learned
- Preparation of project documentation, including project and intervention reports
- Performing any other tasks as reasonably requested by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in business, tourism, development and/or related fields Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three years working experience with the private sector, or development agencies/ projects which apply a market systems approach/ engage in private sector development
- Experience and understanding of tourism market systems/ businesses preferred
- Experience in engaging the private sector on innovative market driven solutions
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills with the ability to think strategically
- Excellent communication, negotiation, facilitation and coordination skills
- Ability to manage complexity and adapt to changing work conditions
- Constructive problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to mentor team members
- Intercultural and contextual sensitivity
- Motivated and enthusiastic personality
- Excellent English skills (verbal and written).
Please visit CLICK HERE for further application submission.
Please send your application latest by April 12th, 2021, however we are continuing shortlist and conducting interviews for the right candidate before the deadline.