COWATER INTERNATIONAL JOB VACANCIES 2021
SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
The Australia-Indonesia Partnership Towards an Inclusive Society (AIPTIS) is Australia’s flagship investment in gender equality, disability and social inclusion (GEDSI) in Indonesia. Launched in 2021, AIPTIS aims to empower local actors who influence the social, political and economic institutions in Indonesia that underpin an inclusive, stable and prosperous democracy. The program will focus on the role of civil society, as legitimate, necessary, independent non-state actors that help to bind the social contract between citizens and the state. The AIPTIS Program will focus on three End of Program Outcomes (EOPOs):
- Selected national and sub-national government policies and programs are implemented in ways that enable greater economic opportunities and access to services for women and marginalised groups.
- Improved policy and regulatory environment for Civil Society Organisation (CSO) partners working on gender equality, disability, and social inclusion.
- Changing social norms and attitudes towards gender equality, disability and social inclusion amongst Indonesian communities, leaders and institutions in relation to issues and locations within AIPTIS’ reach and scope.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The Senior Executive Assistant, fluently bilingual in English and Bahasa Indonesia, will provide general administrative support to the Team Leader and Leadership Team on program-related work, including aspects relating to program governance as well as general program support, maintaining confidentiality, tact, and respect at all times.
- Team Leader for direction on group needs, priorities, activities and approvals with respect to program requirements
- Leadership Team for administrative requirements, quality control, standards and styles, work volume and program policies and procedures.
Administrative Support to the Team Leader (TL) and Leadership Team (LT):
- Draft correspondence;
- Type, format, copy, distribute, file and retrieve correspondence, reports, and documents of a routine or confidential nature;
- Proofread documents for spelling, grammar and syntax in Bahasa Indonesia and English;
- Create contact list for the AIPTIS program;
- Maintain and coordinate the program schedule for AIPTIS’ governance structure; including thematic working groups, program technical committee, and steering committee;
- Support in documenting key meeting minutes and related documents for program stakeholders;
- Develop and maintain a well-organized electronic program filing system that permits easy reference and rapid retrieval of information;
- Coordinate the LT schedules as required by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences and travel;
- Respond to phone, email and in-person enquiries as requested;
- Maintain partner/program confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential;
- Complete projects by assigning work to clerical staff; following up on results;
- Provide support to meetings and committees by preparing agenda packages, arranging meeting date/time/rooms, contacting participants, attending meeting to record minutes, preparing minutes for distribution, and following up as needed on action points; and
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Assist with editing of project documents for ease of reading and syntax as requested by the LT;
- Assist LT in ensuring all reports are prepared and submitted to Cowater HQ according to the established timelines and procedures;
- Coordinate document translations by liaising with translators, communicating sections of documents needing translation, keeping track of existing translated and accepted language for frequently used text (ex. a program description, language around SDGs, etc.) to avoid duplication, etc.
- Provide overall support to new and existing program activities as requested by the TL and/or LT members;
- Assist in contract negotiation of locally-engaged personnel, short-term advisers (STAs) and consultants;
- Provide support to short-term advisers as requested by the LT;
- Plan field visits and counterpart visits including coordinating and providing logistical support;
- Conduct research from various sources and weave together into cohesive documents; and
- Lead special projects, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable university in secretarial studies, management, government or public administration, law, or other relevant field of studies;
- 5+ years of administrative and secretarial experience;
- Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply;
- Experience working in development sector, particularly donor-funded programs;
- Proven ability to take on a variety of different tasks without becoming overwhelmed; and
- Strong computer skills and MS Office proficiency, particularly MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
Employment conditions: Location: Jakarta during a 1 (year contract), with a possibility to be extended.
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, by May 3, 2021.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as followed: Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the Position.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.