MIRACLEFEET JOB VACANCIES 2021
Application Support Specialist – Asia Region
MiracleFeet is a global nonprofit working to eliminate a leading cause of physical disability worldwide. Over two million children live with the severe consequences of a treatable birth defect known as clubfoot, and 175,000 more babies are born with it every year. Thanks to a non-surgical solution called the Ponseti method, 95 percent of cases can be fully treated for less than $500. Since 2010, MiracleFeet has scaled this proven, low-cost treatment to 29 countries where children previously had limited or no access to care.
Are you a data champion with an insatiable desire to learn while making an impact on a global scale? Join MiracleFeet’s mission to eliminate the leading cause of physical disability worldwide and drive the new evolution of our global health information system, which provides critical insights on healthcare treatment and delivery across 320+ clinics in 29 countries.
MiracleFeet’s Regional CAST Administrator will be the primary person responsible for supporting MiracleFeet’s core program technology systems in Asia. MiracleFeet’s data collection and analysis solutions are comprised of the following products:
- CommCare: CommCare is a software that enables organizations to build mobile applications that facilitate offline data collection. Using CommCare, MiracleFeet has developed the CAST (Clubfoot Administration System) mHealth application to collect patient-level data in clubfoot clinics.
- Salesforce: MiracleFeet uses Salesforce to aggregate the data received through the CAST app. MiracleFeet staff, partners, and clinicians can access clinic and country level data through the CAST Community – a Salesforce portal customized for CAST users.
The key responsibilities of the Application Support Specialist include overseeing use of the CAST App and CAST Community in all clinics in Asia (excluding India), monitoring data quality, providing users training on these systems, providing basic support to users in the region, and assisting country coordinators in device management. The Asia user base consists of approximately 75 clinics in 7 countries (Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, and Sri Lanka).
The Application Support Specialist reports to the Asia Program Manager and works closely with Country Coordinators and the Data and BI Solutions team.
This is a full-time contract position based out of Indonesia or the Philippines. The Application Support Specialist will work remotely and is expected to travel up to one week per month.
- Oversee Data Quality
- Review reports in CommCare HQ and Salesforce to ensure data quality (including duplicate management, timely data submission, etc.)
- Data Use
- Monitor reports in CommCare and Salesforce which provide data about system usage. Follow up with Country Coordinators and end users when system use is below average or needs improvement.
- Work with the regional Program Manager and/or Program Field Officer to encourage partners and providers to use data and reports from the CAST Community to improve treatment quality at the clinic level.
- Regularly deliver CAST, Salesforce, and data use training to Country Coordinators and end users.
- When new clinics are added, onboard and train clinic staff on MiracleFeet’s data collection and analysis tools.
- Receive and triage requests for technical support and questions from CAST users
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for basic issues. Escalate complex issues and problems to MiracleFeet’s System Administrator
- Record all tech support requests in JIRA Service Desk. Utilize Service Desk for communication with end users whenever possible.
- Adhere to all established Service Level Agreements
- Support country coordinators in procurement, provision, and inventory management of mobile devices.
- Work with MiracleFeet Program Operations team to schedule and coordinate regular mobile phone device upgrades.
- Ensure mobile device safety and security; adhere to data privacy protocols.
Product Development and Maintenance
- Participate in Agile sprints and product planning as requested (the MiracleFeet Data and BI Solutions team utilizes Agile software development methodology)
- Work with your peer CAST Administrators in other regions and MiracleFeet’s Program Operations team to continually improve processes to support data quality and use, as well suggest updates to MiracleFeet’s core program technology to improve utility for the end users.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the individual in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in data systems management and/or measurement and evaluation
- Language skills: Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia or Filipino is required; knowledge of any other Asian language (Nepali, Burmese, Khmer, Sinhala, Behngali) an advantage
- Ability to travel internationally up to 25%
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, or experience in data collection/analysis/management platforms
- Experience working with international teams and diverse stakeholder groups
- Interest in learning new technologies and understanding organizational and programmatic use of data, tools, and systems
- Experience with systems and processes to support, collect, analyze, and report data for program improvement
- Strong Analytic Skills: Demonstrated ability to understand and/or anticipate organizational needs, translate those needs into clear reports and dashboards, respond to requested changes, and identify/prioritize customizations
- Strong Communication Skills: Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others across the organization with respect and professionalism
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience working on digital health or mHealth projects
- Experience in using a CommCare application or Salesforce
- Experience in creating reports for program evaluation
- Familiarity with data quality monitoring protocols
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, and trouble-shooting skills
- Experience with Jira Service Desk or alternative Service Management / ticketing platform
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to synthesize information quickly
- Responsive to the needs of end users
- Excels at operating in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Skilled in interpersonal diplomacy and relationship-building, sensitive to cultural norms and expectations
- Flexible to the needs of the organization and the challenges often faced when working in low- and middle-income countries
- Able to organize one’s time and work autonomously while still working in collaboration with others
- Proactive, creative, and takes initiative
Position can be based in Indonesia or Philippines. Please note that this is a remote position where most of the work will be done using technology (Zoom, Teams, WhatsApp, email).
Applicants must already reside in and have appropriate work permit for one of the above-mentioned countries.
Salary commensurate with experience. Position is on a contract or consultancy basis. MiracleFeet will not be offering a US-based employment contract.
Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume HERE
Once you submit your application, you should receive a notification confirming your materials were received. If you do not receive this automatic message, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We also recommend you add email@example.com to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us. Please no phone calls.
Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, 28 April 2021 or until the position is filled. The anticipated start date is 2 June 2021. MiracleFeet is committed to creating a diverse environment and actively encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
MiracleFeet is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
MiracleFeet is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all employees to share this commitment.