NLR INDONESIA JOB VACANCIES 2021
NLR, is a professional organization working in the field of leprosy and disability in 5 leprosy endemic countries. Each year, around 219.000 people globally are diagnosed with leprosy. Indonesia ranks number 3, with relatively high disability rates. NLR, with its International Office in Amsterdam, has been supporting projects in Indonesia since 1967. The main partner of NLR Indonesia is the Ministry of Health (MoH) and activities are aligned to MoH policies and priorities. At provincial level, the Leprosy Control Program Technical Advisors are strengthening the capacity of the provincial and districs government’s health staff to improve the quality of leprosy services. Next to supporting leprosy control, NLR’s Inclusion and Disability Program aims to support and advance holistic, community-based rehabilitation and sustainable inclusive development for persons with disabilities, including children with disabilities and people affected by leprosy.
Currently NLR is looking for: Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Officer based in Jakarta
The Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer ensures the development and implementation of a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation system and knowledge management system, which supports the implementation of programs based on evidence, data and scientific references in the PCM (Project Cycle Management) framework; to optimize the impact of supervision, quality control and program evaluation so that improvements occur in internal processes and delivery of results, and support accountability and best practice at every level of the organization
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop an annual ME work plan for each program in coordination with program unit
- Make an annual ME budget plan for each program in coordination with program unit.
- Involved in the preparation of the annual program plan so that the program work plan and MEL plan are aligned.
- Develop effective, comprehensive, user-friendly toolkits, MEL systems, and reporting according to Indonesian NLR standards for partners and for internal organizations.
- Develop indicators along with instruments to measure performance in accordance with program interventions.
- Perform management data functions (data collection, updating data, data verification and data analysis.
- Maintain a database in a systematic and effective way to facilitate the analysis process.
- Communicate intensively with the Communication Officer and Program Manager regarding the results of analysis of program achievements.
- Conduct periodic monitoring and evaluation visits to partners as part of the organization’s technical assistance in monitoring and evaluation (partner capacity building) system.
- Guidance in the form of supervision and technical guidance to partners in the relevant regions and program staff regarding indicators and understanding of operational definitions and accuracy of program achievement data.
- Provide training to program staff on monitoring tools when needed
- Create and consolidate periodic reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Make a Target Versus Achievement report.
- Develop annual reports (for government, donors and public, etc)
- Carry out other matters relating to MEL, which are assigned by the Manager
- Bachelor degree in relevant areas in social science or public health or a related field (such as international development, program evaluation, research methods, statistics, communication, or other relevant social science);
- At least 4 years of working experience in Monitoring & Evaluation related activities;
- Strong qualitative analytical skills, including experience using analytical software packages such as SPSS;
- Proven experience in research, monitoring and evaluation, accountability mechanism establishment, and knowledge management;
- Good knowledge of development issues and in particular public health and disabilities;
- Good communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills;
- Good organizational skills including report writing;
- Computer literate, excellent in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Able to work with minimum supervision with quality output;
- Good written and spoken English;
- Commitment to and understanding of NLR’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches;
- A commitment to high quality of work and efficiency;
- Have proven experience and skills to monitor multiple projects and donors;
- Concern for detail.
How to Apply
Please submit your application letter and updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put the position title as e-mail subject.
Closing date is 30 April 2021, or until position is filled.
Applications will be screened immediately upon reaching the above email address.
Qualified candidates will be contacted for requirement process accordingly.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.