WIDYA ERTI INDONESIA JOB VACANCIES 2021
Widya Erti Indonesia is focusing on the education, agriculture, and community development sector by providing learning opportunities and empowering rural marginal communities to responsibly and sustainably care for the environment. WEI project areas are in Sumatra, Kalimantan, Sulawesi, and another part of Indonesia, with the head office located in Jakarta. We are currently looking to fill the following position:
Coconut Agronomist – based in Sukabumi
The Coconut Agronomist will be based in Sukabumi (West Java), with regular visitation to Lampung, and the possibility to visit the head office in Jakarta.
12 months, possible for an extension.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reports directly to the Program Manager, s/he works closely with stakeholders to ensure the outputs and outcomes of the project are delivered, including to provide technical solutions for good coconut agricultural practices with Farmer Field School (FFS) approach.
Specific responsibilities of the Coconut Agronomist include but are not limited to:
- Manage the implementation of the project as planned.
- Provide technical solutions related to GAP for coconut farmers and responsible for the implementation of Coconut Farmer Field School with a specific curriculum.
- Manage coordination with relevant stakeholders including local government, local farmer groups, and local communities.
- Manage the work to high-quality performance.
- Provide detailed, accurate, and timely progress reports to a supervisor.
- Min. Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or related discipline. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to implement GAP with Farmer Field School approach and familiarity with training system management.
- Experience with coconut sugar cultivation, including growth cycle, pest management, and fertilizer.
- Experience and capable to work together with the local community, local government, and various local stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia.
- Able to work independently with limited direct supervision in remote rural settings.
- Able and have a permit to drive a motorcycle.
Please send a cover letter and CV describing your qualities and experiences to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Coconut Agronomist – Sukabumi” in the subject line, at the latest on May 9th, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.