INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR MIGRATION JOB VACANCIES 2021
Open to External Candidates
- Reference No: CFCV/ID10/2021/024
- Position Title: Intern (Accounting)
- Duty Station: Jakarta
- Organization Unit: Finance Unit
- Type of Appointment: Internship Contract for6 (six) months, with the possibility of extension
- Report to: Senior Finance Assistant
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: 13 May 2021
Operational in Indonesia for more than 40 years, IOM Indonesia is one of the largest IOM missions in the world working on a wide range of activities in partnership with the Government of Indonesia, civil society, private sector actors, migrants, and communities. IOM Indonesia is engaged in several thematic areas, including Counter-Trafficking and Labour Migration (CT/LM), Disasters, Climate and Resilience (DCR), Immigration and Border Management (IBM), Migrant Assistance, Migration Health, and Resettlement and Voluntary Returns.
The Resources Management Unit will contribute to the monitoring and supporting the budgetary financial, human resources, and other administrative functions to ensure quality, effective, and efficient resources management of the Country Office. Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Senior Finance Assistant, the incumbent will provide assistance in Finance (Accounting) activities for IOM Mission in Indonesia. S/he will be working in close coordination with all DRM and projects/operational units and other staff in the Mission.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- In coordination with Senior Finance Assistant, developing a strong database for all projects for better internal tracking and data management.
- Maintain the documentation and records/filing system for all project documents and reports in the database.
- Responsible for record storage management, file database maintenance, collection, and retrieval of documents, and liaising with Procurement and Logistics Clerk and Finance Assistant I (Treasury).
- Update the monthly finance budget dashboard and ensuring the accuracy of the reports.
- Monitoring and overseeing the day-to-day administrative, finance, accounting, and treasury functions in accordance with IOM’s rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Prepare the templates/checklists aimed at improving the work process and increasing efficiency.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Applicants enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum under-graduate school) in Social Science, Finance, Business Administration, Management, or others at the of application of internship; and/or applicants who are enrolled in a second university degree (graduate school/ equivalent); or have graduated with a university degree within one year of graduation.
- Ability to manage and organize filing process and records management, storing documents in an orderly fashion.
- Attention to details.
- An adequate level of computer literacy is required (MS-Office), specifically Excel.
- Self-motivation, ability to work independently, and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required, both written and spoken.
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competency – behavioral indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date
- Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following LINK: CLICK HERE
- Detailed curriculum vitae and a minimum of three referees (preferably direct academic supervisors).
Please submit your application by email to email@example.com, indicating the reference code above (CFCV/ID10/2021/024) as the subject. The deadline for applications is 13 May 2021. Candidates applying for this vacancy are required to declare whether they have relatives already working for IOM.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered