KEMITRAAN PARTNERSHIP JOB VACANCIES 2021
Job code title: Project Officer for 3S Approach to Build Coastal City Resilience to Climate Change Impacts and Natural Disasters in Pekalongan City, Central Java Province.
The coastline area northern of Central Java (Pantura) is severely affected by climate change. An area covering of 3 Regencies comprising of Pekalongan, Batang, Demak and 2 municipalities of Pekalongan City and Semarang City are the area where the impact of climate change in the form of sea level rise are visible.
The coastal sub-districts of the municipality of Pekalongan are one of the most affected by climate change impact, which destroyes not only the livelihood source of the affected community but also the social-cultural aspects of the city. Tidal flood and permanently deepening inundation of the coastal settlement areas of Pekalongan City makes it difficult for the coastal community there to organise or generate alternative livelihood, such as fish ponds. Lost of livelihood source force the men to seek for other income alternative, while women are burdened both with domestic activities and income generating activity to support the households. This thus increases women vulnerability caused by the double responsibility they have to carry over their shoulders.
At community level in the affected kelurahan, concerns about health issues arise caused by inundation that also affects houses, leading to destruction of the individual sanitation system. Waterborn disease has been identified infecting the population in the affected areas. Since the occurrence of frequent tidal flooding and inundation covers a vast areas of coastal settlement, individual support to improve sanitation condition of the community is almost impossible. Urgent collective solution is one option to rapidly overcome the issue.
In partnership the municipality of Pekalongan, Kemitraan has develop a project to increase the resilience and improve the adaptation capacity of Pekalongan City’s community towards climate change impact. This project is funded by the Adaptation Fund (AF) under the oversight of its Designated Authority, which is the Ministry of Environment and Forestry (KLHK) . The activities under this 3-year-project range from strengthening coastal protection, improvement of community’s sanitation, promotion of alternative livelihood and improvement of the city’s climate change adaptation policy implementation.
To support the activities on-site in Pekalongan City, Kemitraan therefore is seeking for a potential Project Officer that is capable to help with the technical implementation of the project.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Team Leader, the Project Officer will provide oversight on the assigned project location(s) and is primarily responsible for coordination of project related and implementation of activities. S/He will be responsible for coordinating the overall project planning, implementation, monitoring of progress, as well as facilitation of requirements to secure project progress, synergize activities across the relevant staff and experts within the project, coordination and relationship building with key stakeholders, including relevant national and local governments on site.
Project Officer is responsible for the smooth implementation and coordination of monitoring and evaluation activities, for the specific quality and timely results, and follows all necessary administrative/financial (internal and donor) rules related to implementation.
The Project Officer (PO) is also responsible for quality implementation of the project and for leading and supervising the project activities carried out and being implemented at the specific assigned location(s) to her/him. The PO also supervises timely submission of all requested project outputs, consolidates, and analyses monitoring and evaluation results.
Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of Key Functions:
- Coordination of Project-Related Activities
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Coordinatioan and Relations
Impact of Results
The key results of the assignment will give positive impacts for strategic programme implementation, including:
- Successful and more substantively accountable program implementation.
- Good communication and facilitation to key stakeholders that led to Kemitraan perceived as trusted working partner.
- Opportunities for developing and implementing longer term governance programmes under the cooperation between Kemitraan, related government institutions, and the Adaptation Fund
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling professional values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the Partnership
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Serve and promote the vision, mission, values, and strategic goals of Kemitraan.
- Upholding sustainable development with the principle of paying attention to the impacts and risks to both the environment and the community receiving the program.
- Plan, prioritize, and deliver tasks on time.
- Participate effectively in team based, information-sharing environment, collaborating and cooperating with others.
- Sets clear performance goals and standards; execute responsibilities accordingly.
- Capacity and ability to initiate (when required) and maintain relationship with necessary stakeholders at the national, local, and grass-root level.
- Plan and produce quality result to meet established goals.
Innovation and judgement
- Contribute creative, practical ideas and approaches to deal with challenging situations.
- Strives for quality client-centered services (internal/external).
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills both in Bahasa Indonesia and in English.
- Demonstrate good negotiation skills.
Minimum a Bachelor degree in a related field to coastal environment, mangrove ecosystem, knowledge coastal and riparian infrastructure and construction engineering, climate change and development issues in general; clear commitment to the governance reform.
Min 5 years experiences in project management, facilitation and community development; 2-3 years of specialized experience working with civil society organizations; Wide network in climate change policy environment at the regions and national level; understanding the political environment related to climate change; have knowledge and experience in implementing climate change regional action plan preparation programs, ESMS management and reporting and complaints. Experience in working with international institutions is a plus.
Fluency in written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia
To apply for this position please submit your CV using this link CLICK HERE no later than May 6th 2021. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted